We remove the stress from booking flights to the Azores.
– We include flights in all of our tailor-made holiday packages.
– We’ll help find the most suitable flight for your chosen Azores holiday from your closest airport.
– We include all the luggage you’ll need, so there are no nasty surprises or extras to pay at the airport.
– We’ll select the best available seats in advance.
– We’re here to help if there are any unexpected delays, and you can call us for help and advice on our twenty-four hour UK helpline.
Getting to Azores
The Azores islands have five international airports on Sao Miguel, Terceira, Faial, Santa Maria and Pico.
Flying direct from the UK...
- SATA Azores Airlines operate a direct flight from Gatwick to Sao Miguel on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from June through to the end of September.
- British Airways also operate direct flights from Heathrow to Sao Miguel on Saturdays, from mid-May through to the end of September.
- Ryanair also fly direct from Stansted to Sao Miguel on Tuesdays, from April through to the end of October.
From the USA and Canada...
- SATA Azores Airlines operate daily direct flights from Boston and Toronto to Sao Miguel all year around.
- You can also fly direct from Toronto to Terceira on Wednesdays from April through to September, and between Oakland and Terceira on Wednesdays between June and September.
- SATA also fly direct from Montreal to Sao Miguel on Thursdays from April to the end of October, and from Bermuda to Sao Miguel on Tuesdays between June and September.
Flying via Lisbon...
- TAP Air Portugal operate daily flights from Manchester, Gatwick and Heathrow to Lisbon, connecting with onward flights to the Azores.
- You can also fly on selected days from Edinburgh, Bristol and Birmingham to Lisbon to connect with an onward flight to the Azores.
- Our holidays are tailor-made and it's easy to include a few nights in the Portuguese capital - travelling via Lisbon also allows you to fly directly into some of the Azores' smaller islands: Faial, Santa Maria and Pico.
Flying via Porto...
Getting around Azores
Air - All nine islands are connected by local airline SATA Air Azores. They operate like bus services, making island hopping easy. Ferries - Ferry services around the central islands of Faial, Pico and São Jorge are very reliable. For longer distances, (from Sao Miguel to Flores, for example) we recommend a SATA flight. Car - Hire cars are available on all islands, and Azorean roads are generally quiet and well sign-posted. Taxis - If you'd prefer not to drive, we can include airport transfers with our english-speaking and guided tours of all nine islands. Bus - Bus services tend to be timetabled around the school run - we find a hire car or taxis work better.