We’ll remove the stress from booking flights to the Azores.
– We include flights in all of our tailor-made holiday packages.
– We’ll find the best deal from your closest airport.
– We include all the luggage you’ll need, so there are no nasty surprises or extras to pay at the airport.
– We’ll select the best available seats in advance.
– We’re here to help if there are any unexpected delays, and you can call us for help and advice on our twenty-four hour UK helpline.
– Concerned about your carbon footprint? Since 2015, we’ve planted 2,700 trees and hedgerow bushes in Cumbria, Northern England, through our carbon contribution scheme. We plan to plant lots more in 2020.
Getting to Azores
The Azores islands have five international airports on São Miguel, Terceira, Faial, Santa Maria and Pico.
- Ryanair operate a two direct flights from Stansted to São Miguel - a Saturday service all year around and a seasonal flight on Tuesdays, between April and September. Ryanair also operate a direct flight from Stansted to the island of Terceira on Wednesdays from April through to October. We always include your preferred luggage allowance, cabin bags and pre-selected seats so there are no unexpected surprises at the airport.
Flying via Lisbon...
- TAP Air Portugal operate flights from Manchester, Gatwick and Heathrow to Lisbon, connecting with onward flights to Sao Miguel. You can also fly from Edinburgh, Bristol or Luton airports with easyJet, or with Ryan Air from Stansted to connect with an onward flight to the Azores. Our holidays are tailor-made and it's easy to include a few nights in the Portuguese capital - travelling via Lisbon also allows you to fly directly into some of the Azores' smaller islands: Faial, Santa Maria and Pico.
Flying via Porto...
- It's also possible to fly to the Azores via Portugal's second city Porto - from Gatwick, Manchester and Bristol airports with easyJet, or from Manchester and Stansted to Porto with Ryan Air. Porto's one of our favourite cities and it's easy to include a few nights as part of your tailor-made holiday.
From the USA and Canada...
- SATA Azores Airlines operate daily direct flights from Boston and Toronto to Sao Miguel and Terceira.
Getting around Azores
Air - All nine islands are connected by local airline SATA Air Azores. They operate like bus services, making island hopping easy. Ferries - Ferry services around the central islands of Faial, Pico and São Jorge are very reliable. For longer distances, (from Sao Miguel to Flores, for example) we recommend a SATA flight. Car - Hire cars are available on all islands, and Azorean roads are generally quiet and well sign-posted. Taxis - If you'd prefer not to drive, we can include airport transfers with our english-speaking and guided tours of all nine islands. Bus - Bus services on the main island of Sao Miguel are good. On the smaller islands, buses tend to be timetabled around the school run - we find a hire car or taxis work better.